"Lara's Mom's" (BEST) Eggplant Sandwich
Author: Lara's Momma
Recipe type: Eggplant
This recipe works best with larger eggplant.
- Slice eggplant into slices about ⅜" thick.
- Beat egg and dip eggplant
- Place 1 slice of Provolone cheese between two slices of eggplant
- Then roll in Italian seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Drizzle each "sandwich" with some olive oil and place on cookie sheet (have the sandwiches on an olive-oiled sheet or one lined with parchment paper).
- Next, drizzle each sandwich with a scant about of olive oil, Parmesan, and paprika.
- Pretty simple so far!
- Pre-heat oven to 400.
- Bake in oven until eggplant is tender (around 10-15 minutes . . . test with toothpick at 10 minute intervals). The Provolone will let you know . . . it will bubble! The bread will crisp. And you will get really hungry, all of a sudden.
- These are purportedly even delicious the next day, and cold!